A little about Nordic Pharma:
Nordic Pharma is a privately held, mid-sized international pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of specialty products, including niche hospital products and orphan products, to address unmet medical needs. Nordic Pharma has established a strong European presence and, more recently, has expanded its activities outside Europe through increased partnerships worldwide.
Nordic Pharma’s expertise is based on the development and sale of its own products, but also on partner products acquired at various stages of development. Today, Nordic Pharma has a range of highly specialized proprietary and licensed products in the following therapeutic areas: Rheumatology, Women’s Health and Critical Care (Anesthesia, Hematology, Oncology).
The values of commitment, ambition, respect, reliability, integrity, and agility describe Nordic Pharma’s culture and guide us in the way we work.
By joining our teams, you will be able to develop your skills in a human-sized company while participating in the development of our product lines and in the growth of the group.
JOB TITLE: Legal Advisor
DEPARTMENT: Legal & Compliance
REPORTING TO: Head of Legal and Compliance
LOCATION: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
General job description
At Nordic Pharma, we are committed to ensuring we do business in the most ethical, transparent, and fair way as possible. This is the reason why we make sure that all our actions abide by the laws and that we have strong and clear contracts in place on a daily basis.
We are seeking a Legal advisor who would help us in the drafting of contracts and commercial negotiations as well as help us build strong legal processes and policies. Our ideal team member will have excellent organizational, communication, and management skills, and the ability to work autonomously on contractual and any other kind of legal issues. You will often be asked to work independently in this role, but also to communicate with all relevant employees as you promote a culture of compliance within the organization. You will also be at ease to juggle punctually with contracts, and you are not afraid to work in urgency.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
Legal Corporate support
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Management and drafting of POAs and delegation of signature and authority
- Implement in line with Supply, Procurement and Finance a clear and exhaustive Delegation of Authority Policy
- Punctually help on corporate governance aspects (including but not limited to Board changes…)
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights. Drafting and review of all types of contracts (including but not limited to Distribution, License, Supply, Manufacturing, Regulation, Services, IP, PV, QA, Confidentiality Agreements….)
- Give accurate and timely legal counsel to top management in a variety of legal topics
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Archiving of contracts in the Group Contractual Database
- Management of intercompany contracts between the Group and the subsidiaries
- Coordination of signatures with DocuSign
- Collaborate with affiliates to devise efficient defense strategies, in the event of a litigation if any.
Qualifications, experience, and skills required
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Law (at least 5 years)
- At least 8 years of previous experience as in-house legal counsel in an international company and at least one experience in the Pharma Industry
- Knowledge of EU Law
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent command of English (minimum level C1)
- Organization, ability to manage several projects at the same time, ability to synthesize
What is in it for you?
- Be part of a dynamic, collaborative, and supportive team
- An international and challenging work environment
- A human-sized environment where your actions count and where you can grow and develop
If you are interested in this exciting challenge, please send your CV and cover letter to
We will consider your application with great interest.