A little about Nordic Pharma:
Nordic Pharma is a mid-size privately-owned international pharmaceutical company which focuses on the development and commercialization of niche hospital and orphan products to address unmet medical needs. Nordic Pharma’s expertise relies on the development and sales of its own products, but also on partner products acquired at various stages of development. Today, Nordic Pharma has a range of highly specialized proprietary and in-licensed products in the following therapeutic areas: Rheumatology, Women’s Health, Ophthalmology and Critical Care.
Nordic Pharma’s values of Commitment, Ambition, Respect, Reliability, Integrity, and Agility describe our culture and standards and guide us in our way of working.
JOB TITLE: Global Demand and Supply Chain Planner
DEPARTMENT: Global Supply Chain & Procurement
REPORTING TO: Global Planning and S&OP Manager
DIRECT REPORTS (IF ANY): N/A
LOCATION: Hoofddorp, Netherlands
General summary of role:
Reporting to the Global Planning and S&OP Manager, the incumbent is responsible, for a given product portfolio, for determining the demand plan in alignment with Sales and Marketing and Sales Forecast Analyst, creating a robust demand and supply plan and delivering to the customer at the agreed service level while minimizing end-to-end cost-to-serve and working capital used for inventory.
Essential responsibilities and tasks:
- Partner with Sales and Marketing and Sales Forecast Analyst to determine the demand plan for the planning horizon, with forecast inputs from Sales teams, market intelligence inputs from Marketing teams and leveraging forecasting methodologies and models where appropriate
- Create, monitor, and deliver the supply plan according to the agreed service level and at lowest possible end-to-end cost and inventory usage. Depending on the supply point (e.g., CMO, tolling), the activity can be partly delegated, however accountability remains with the role
- Determine the key supply planning parameters in line with service level targets (inventory parameters, lead times, batch / lot size etc.), maintain the parameters in the tools and systems / in the operating rules with CMO, and implement data consistency routines
As part of the S&OP process:
- Prepare and lead the demand review meeting with Marketing & Sales for each region
- Prepare and lead the supply review meeting with Operations, by reviewing available capacities (demonstrated and projected) vs. plan, highlighting vulnerabilities and opportunities, assessing trade-offs and steering execution of gap closing action plans
- Partner with Finance to quantify the implications of the plans and of the scenarios in terms of turnover, cost evolution and inventories
- Prepare input for integrated reconciliation and Executive review meeting by assessing gaps, simulating scenarios, synthesizing findings in clear recommendations
- Engage with stakeholders in effective wayto manage short term deviations to the plans, provide supply chain input to allocation process in case of material shortage
- Monitor planning / SC performance, drive action plans within scope
- Review and propose supply network optimization (inventorying points; decoupling points etc.) for the products in scope
- Actively engage in continuous improvement initiatives on processes, tools, performance management and capabilities to improve supply chain performance and reliability.
Qualifications, experience, and skills required:
- University degree or dedicated diploma to Supply activities
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or food environment
- Background in Business Administration and Supply Chain Management
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain processes, demand planning and applicable law and regulations
- Experience with working with CMO’s
- Strong business acumen and lean thinking
- Passion and planning
- Problem solving skills & analytical capabilities
- Ability to structure, synthesize and prioritize
- Strong communicator, able to clearly convey complex messages very clearly
- Collaboration & influencing skills: empathy, sensitivity to different cultures, ability to understand local context, various stakeholder profiles and agendas
- Focus on continuous improvement, willingness to take controlled risks
- Team player, partner with other planners to further develop planning expertise, skills and build community
- Cost consciousness
- High focus on compliance
- Business English at professional level
What we offer:
- A safe, healthy, friendly and productive working environment
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Work from home two days per week and financial support for an equipped home workspace
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and their families
- Learning and development opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to build a working culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will be considered.
We are a certified Great Place to Work® in three of our locations.