A little about Nordic Pharma:
Nordic Pharma is a mid-size privately-owned international pharmaceutical company which focuses on the development and commercialization of niche hospital and orphan products to address unmet medical needs. Nordic Pharma’s expertise relies on the development and sales of its own products, but also on partner products acquired at various stages of development. Today, Nordic Pharma has a range of highly specialized proprietary and in-licensed products in the following therapeutic areas: Rheumatology, Women’s Health and Critical Care (Anaesthesia, Haematology, Oncology).
Nordic Pharma’s values of Commitment, Ambition, Respect, Reliability, Integrity and Agility describe our culture and standards and guide us in our way of working.
JOB TITLE: Controller
DEPARTMENT: Global Finance
REPORTING TO: Senior Financial manager
LOCATION: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
General summary of role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced business controller who likes to build its own position. You will join an international company with a presence in 20 countries and modern headquarters right by the city of Amsterdam.
You will be part of an international finance team based in the Netherlands and Sweden and France. You working closely with local management and create detailed financial budgets, business plans and forecasts ensuring targets are met. You demonstrate a strong commercial understanding of the business units.
This is a new role in the Netherlands; as an experienced financial business partner you will be highly valued for bringing advice and financial insight. In a changing environment, you will see the opportunity to bring structure to the role. You make sure you understand the commercial interests and can act accordingly. The administration of the main operating company in the Netherlands has been transferred to HQ Amsterdam.
This position is based in The Netherlands, Amsterdam area. English is the business language.
Essential responsibilities and tasks:
- You are the financial business partner to The Dutch and Belgium Affiliate management as well for commercial and operational teams.
- You make sure that the monthly closing for these affiliates is accurately done.
- You take care of the monthly upload in our consolidation system.
- You create, based on the input your gain, create the necessary reports and discuss this with local management.
- You know how to budget, to ensure financial reporting and cost control.
- Monitor, track and report customer profitability where required.
- Conduct analyzing against budget and actual figures ensuring sound, transparent accurate and timely reporting.
- Participate in projects like implementation of finance systems.
- You contribute in improving efficiency by reducing manual effort and establishing harmonized processes.
- You are actively contributing to developing a high performance finance team.
- Active involvement in the Transfer Pricing process and ensure accurate output, process improvements and new implementations.
- You apply best practice control and accounting rules and principles and advise on others’ use of these.
- You liaise with local accounting/ finance as well as Group Control / Finance as necessary.
- You contribute to Month end, quarter end and year end activity as appropriate.
- You take care of financial evaluations & other ad-hoc analysis.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Business acumen.
- IT skills.
- Communication skills.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Completed and relevant economic Bachelor or Master Degree.
- Independent and confident worker.
- Critical attitude, aiming for high standards and work accordingly.
- Experienced in working in a changing environment.
- Experience in international company with multiple subsidiaries and intercompany relationships.
- Accounting software Exact, and expert knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of supply chain /working capital accounting is preferred.
- Good understanding of the Dutch language is preferred.
- IFRS knowledge.
We have outsourced this vacancy to STAAN Recruitment. For your questions or application please contact Marco van Deventer email@example.com | 06-15373537 or check: https://www.staan.nl/vacatures/controller-3/